- Rory: I am dancing, I can not control where my glance goes, and when I can control it, my glance goes to Dean.
- Jess: You mean you can't control when you look at me, but you have to force yourself to look at him.
- Jess: You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you.
- Rory: Why are you only nice to me?
- Jess: Excuse me?
- Rory: An hour ago you were totally screwing with Dean and now you're totally nice to me.
- Jess: You see, it's the screwing with Dean that's an important step to getting here so that I can be nice to you
Remember, I’m your editor. I’m not your mother or hugger. If you need love, get a hooker. If you’re having a bad day, find a ledge or deal. My door is not open to you, ever. You have five minutes to eat your cookies. Welcome to the Yale Daily News.
- Michel: You like neon.
- Rory: I’m sorry?
- Michel: I see you have made liberal use of my pink neon Post-It notes.
- Rory: I’m sorry, Michel. Would you like me to reimburse you for the 7 pink neon Post-It notes I have used? I would be happy to, if you could break a penny.
- Michel: No, little Lorelai. It’s not the money that’s the problem, it’s the disruption!
- Lorelai: Hey, I have a huge dilemma that I need your opinion on!
- Rory: What?
- Lorelai: Am I more beautiful today than I was yesterday?
LORELAI: Right, I’ll get you a thermos that says “World’s Greatest Reporter” to match your cap.
RORY: Oh, yeah, I meant to tell you that I left that cap at home.
RORY: Well It wasn’t very flattering.
LORELAI: Well how will people know you’re the world’s greatest reporter?
RORY: I don’t know.
LORELAI: I guess they’ll just have to read your stuff.
RORY: I guess so.
I like pie. It doesn’t mean I want to date pie.
Page 3 of 7